Organizer Hong Kong PHAB Association
Co-organizer The Family and Group Practice Research Centre, Department of Social Work, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Sponsor ZeShan Foundation
According to the Statistical Report of Hospital Authority, there are over 26,000 new stroke-survivors and amputees each year. It is one of the major causes leading people to acquire physical disabilities. Adaptation to their mobility limitations, relationship with family members, and future plan are equally important as their physical recovery and self-care ability. This symposium aims to assemble multi-disciplinary efforts to explore the needs of these people with acquired disability, using a holistic approach to care for their psychological well-being.
Date ： 2017.09.16（Saturday）
Time ： 9:00am – 1:00pm; 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Venue ： Yasumoto International Academic Park, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Fee ： Free of charge with limited quota, first come first serve.
Language： Mainly in Cantonese. Simultaneous interpretation in Cantonese / English will be provided during the keynote speeches.
- Complete the online registration form at http://pi.hkphab.org.hk
Registration Deadline: 2017.09.06
“PHAB Symposium 2017” is one of the major 45th anniversary celebration activities of Hong Kong PHAB Association.
To facilitate multi-disciplinary collaborations to support people with acquired disability to integrate into the community.
Who Should Attend
Professionals from social service, health care, counseling, architecture & environmental planning, and insurance sector.
No less than 400 professionals from various disciplines can:
- Increase their understanding on the psychological needs of people with acquired disability and provide more appropriate support;
- Further enhance the service quality by exchanges with different disciplines on service approaches and service models.
A multi-facets approach to explore the psychological well-being of people with acquired disability which includes:
- Model of psychological well-being
- Psychological characteristics
- Family dynamics
- Purpose in life
- Environmental influence
Attendance Certificate and Continuing Professional Development
- An attendance certificate will be issued to each participant;
- This symposium is a recognized training session under the “Voluntary Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Scheme for Registered Social Workers”. Attending social workers will be granted at maximum 10 CDP hours.