Prof. Ma Lai-chong, Joyce
ProfessorBSocSc, MSocSc, PhD (HKU); Clinical fellow & Approved Supervisor of the AAMFT; RSW; Co-Clinical Director of the Academy of Family Therapy 3943 7513
- Family therapy and multiple family therapy research
- Mental health with recent focus on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and eating disorders
- Family studies and clinical social work practice and research
- Ma, J. L. C. (2011). Anorexia Nervosa and Family Therapy in a Chinese Context. Hong Kong, China: The Chinese University Press.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K., Xia, L. L. (2019). Perceived social support, perception of competence and hope among Chinese children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in a Chinese context: Children’s perspective. Child & Family Social Work. 1-9, 10.1111/cfs.12655.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K. Y. C., & Xia, L. L. (2018) Treatment efficacy of multiple family therapy for Chinese families of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Family Process, 57(2), 399-414. Doi:10.1111/famp.12297.
- Ma, J. L. C., Yuan, R. R., Leung, T. Y. K., & Wong, O. L. (2018). Learning outcome of a family therapy training course for psychiatric nurses in a Chinese context. Contemporary Family Therapy, 40, 119-127. DOI 10.1007/s10591-017-9422-1.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K., & Wan, E. S. F. (2017). Multi-family group intervention for Chinese families with a child suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorders in a Chinese context. Social Work with Groups, 40(3), 244-260. DOI:10.1080/01609513.2015.1132
Awards and Honors
- Justice of the Peace (July 2011)
- Faculty Exemplary Teaching Award (2009), Faculty of Social Science, CUHK
- Vice-Chancellor's Exemplary Teaching Award (2009), CUHK
- 2010 Distinguished Alumni, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong