Prof. Chen Ji-kang
Associate ProfessorPhD. University of Southern California; MSW. Washington University in St. Louis; BSW. National Taiwan University; RSW 3943 7505
- School violence and bullying in Chinese and Asian societies
- Cross-cultural and international topics surrounding interpersonal violence
- Youth delinquency
- Mental health of children and adolescents
- Research Methods and Advanced Statistics
- Chen, J.K & Chen, L.M. (In Press). A cross-national examination of school violence and nonattendance due to school violence in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Mainland China: a Rasch Model Approach. Journal of School Violence
- Chen, J.K. & Wei, H.S. (2013). School violence, social support and psychological health among Taiwanese junior high school students. Child Abuse & Neglect, 37(4), 252-262.
- Chen, J.K. & Astor, R.A. (2012). School variables as mediators of the effect of personal and family factors on school violence in Taiwanese junior high schools. Youth & Society, 44(2), 175-200
- Chen, J.K. & Wei, H.S. (2011). Student victimization by teachers in Taiwan: prevalence and associations. Child Abuse & Neglect, 35(5), 382-390.
- Chen, J.K. & Astor, R.A. (2011). Students' personal traits, violence exposure, family factors, school dynamics and the perpetration of violence in Taiwanese elementary schools. Health Education Research, 26(1), 150-166.
- Chen, J.K. & Astor, R.A. (2010). School violence perpetration in Taiwan: examining how western risk factors predict school violence in an Asian culture. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 25(8), 1388-1410.
Key Academic & Community Services
- 2012-Now - Editorial Board, Journal of School Violence (SSCI, Q1 in Criminology; Educational Research; Educational Psychology)
- 2018-2020- Editorial Board, NTU Social Work Review (TSSCI)
- 2010-Now - Member, Social Service Committee. Stewards Limits. Hong Kong.
- 2017-Now- Committee Member. Taiwan-Hong Kong Education Exchange and Scholarship Funds.
- 2012 - External Reviewer. Academic Review for Recruited Professor, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Awards & Honor
- Exemplary Teaching Award, Faculty of Social Science, Chinese University of Hong Kong (2016).
- The Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Southern California, 2008.
- 中華民國留學生博士論文獎學金(蔣經國國際學術交流基金會)The Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation 2007-2008 Dissertation Fellowship.
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (USA).
Major courses offered
- Supervisor of PhD students
- Advanced Social Statistics (PhD level)
- Social Policy Research (Master and PhD level)
- Social Work Research (Undergraduate, Master and PhD level)
- Interpersonal Violence (Undergraduate)