Prof. Cheng Qijin
Assistant ProfessorBPhil (Peking University); MA (Tsinghua University); PhD (HKU) 3943 7557
- ICT-based research and intervention
- Suicide prevention
- Mental health promotion
- Helping behaviors
- Media studies
- Peng C., Kwok R., Law Y.W., Yip P.S.F., Cheng Q.* (in press). Intergenerational Support, Satisfaction with Parent-Child Relationship and Elderly Parents’ Life Satisfaction in Hong Kong. Aging and Mental Health. IF = 2.65.
- Cheng Q., Chen F., Lee E., Yip P.S.F. (2017). The role of media in preventing student suicides: A Hong Kong experience. Journal of Affective Disorders. Online ahead published on Nov 8, 2017. Doi: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2017.11.007. IF (2016/17) = 3.432
- Cheng Q.*, Li T.M.H., Kwok C.L., Zhu T., Yip P.S.F. (2017). Assessing suicide risk and emotional distress in Chinese social media: A text mining and machine learning study. Journal of Medical and Internet Research. 19(7):e243. Doi: 10.2196/jmir.7276. IF = 4.532.
- Cheng Q.*, Kwok C.L., Cheung F.T., & Yip P.S.F. (2017). Construction and validation of the Hong Kong Altruism Index (A-Index). Personality and Individual Differences, 113:201-208. IF =1.946.
- Cheng Q.*, Chang S.-S., Guo Y., Yip P.S.F. (2015). Information accessibility of the charcoal burning suicide method in mainland China. PLoS ONE. 10(10):e0140686. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0140686. IF=4.411.
- Cheng Q.*, Kwok C.L., Zhu T., Guan L., Yip P.S. (2015). Suicide communication on social media and its psychological mechanisms: An examination of Chinese microblog users. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(9):11506–11527. doi: 10.3390/ijerph120911506. IF=2.035.
- Cheng Q.*, Li H., Silenzio V., Caine E.D. (2014). Suicide contagion: A systematic review of definitions and research utility. PLoS ONE. 9(9):e108724. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0108724. IF=4.411.
- Cheng Q., Fu K.-W., Caine E., & Yip P.S.F. (2014). Why do we report suicides and how can we facilitate suicide prevention efforts? Perspectives from Hong Kong media professionals. Crisis: the Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention. 35(2):74-81. IF=1.527.
- Cheng Q., & Yip P.S.F. (2012) Suicide news reporting accuracy and stereotyping in Hong Kong. Journal of Affective Disorders. 141(2-3): 270-275. IF=3.570.
- Cheng Q., Chang S.-S., & Yip P.S.F. (2012). The opportunities and challenges of online data collection for suicide prevention. Lancet. 26 May; 389(9830):e53-54. IF=44.002.
- Cheng Q., Fu K.-W., & Yip P.S.F. (2011). A Comparative Study of Online Suicide-Related Information in Chinese and English. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 72(3): 313-319. IF=5.408.