Prof. Chen Ji-kang
PhD. University of Southern California
MSW. Washington University in St. Louis.
BSW. National Taiwan University.
- School violence and bullying in Chinese and Asian societies
- Cross-cultural and international topics surrounding interpersonal violence
- Youth delinquency
- Mental health of children and adolescents
- Research Methods and Advanced Statistics
- Chen, J.K. & Wei, H.S. (2013). School violence, social support and psychological health among Taiwanese junior high school students. Child Abuse & Neglect, 37(4), 252-262.
- Chen, J.K. & Astor, R.A. (2012). School variables as mediators of the effect of personal and family factors on school violence in Taiwanese junior high schools. Youth & Society, 44(2), 175-200
- Chen, J.K. & Wei, H.S. (2011). Student victimization by teachers in Taiwan: prevalence and associations. Child Abuse & Neglect, 35(5), 382-390.
- Chen, J.K. & Astor, R.A. (2011). Students' personal traits, violence exposure, family factors, school dynamics and the perpetration of violence in Taiwanese elementary schools. Health Education Research, 26(1), 150-166.
- Chen, J.K. & Astor, R.A. (2010). School violence perpetration in Taiwan: examining how western risk factors predict school violence in an Asian culture. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 25(8), 1388-1410.
Key Community Services
- 2012-Now Editor Board, Journal of School Violence
- 2010-Now Member, Social Service Committee. Stewards Limits. Hong Kong.
- 2012-2013 Research Consultant, Hong Kong Family Welfare Society, Hong Kong
- 2014-2016 Research Consultant. Stewards Limits. Hong Kong.
- 2012 External Reviewer. Academic Review for Recruited Professor, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Awards & Honor
- The Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation (USA).
- 2007-2008 Winner of Dissertation Fellowship.
- 2008 The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (USA).
- 2006 The Award for Excellence in Teaching (University of Southern California).
Major courses offered
- Supervisor of PhD students
- Advanced Social Statistics (PhD level)
- Social Policy Research (Master and PhD level)
- Social Work Research (Undergraduate, Master and PhD level)
- Interpersonal Violence (Undergraduate)