Prof. Ma Lai-chong, Joyce
BSocSc, MSocSc, PhD (HKU); Clinical fellow & Approved Supervisor of the AAMFT; RSW; Co-Clinical Director of the Academy of Family Therapy
- Family therapy and multiple family therapy research
- Mental health with recent focus on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and eating disorders
- Family studies and clinical social work practice and research
- Ma, J. L. C. (2011). Anorexia Nervosa and Family Therapy in a Chinese Context. Hong Kong, China: The Chinese University Press.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K. Y. C., & Xia, L. L. (2017) Treatment efficacy of multiple family therapy for Chinese families of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Family Process. Doi:10.1111/famp.12297.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K., & Wan, E. S. F. (2017). Multi-family group intervention for Chinese families with a child suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorders in a Chinese context. Social Work with Groups, 40(3), 244-260. DOI:10.1080/01609513.2015.1132028.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K., & Wan, E. S. F. (2015). Maltreatment in parent-child relationships in Chinese families with children suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in Hong Kong: A qualitative study. British Journal of Social Work, 1-19, doi-10.1093/bjsw/bev079.
Awards & Honour
- Justice of the Peace (July 2011)
- Faculty Exemplary Teaching Award (2009), Faculty of Social Science, CUHK
- Vice-Chancellor's Exemplary Teaching Award (2009), CUHK
- 2010 Distinguished Alumni, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong