|Home||Members||Current Projects||Recent Publications||Conferences and Events|
In view of the dramatic increase in the population of elderly and people with disabilities worldwide, the Research Programme for Aging and Disabilities aims at using multi-interdisciplinary, evidence-based approach to address the social issues of older adults and people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. Through research, education, and collaboration with other disciplines, the Research Programme strives to be a leading research programme on aging and disabilities, with missions to enhance understanding of aging and disabilities, strengthen the role of social work for older adults and people with disabilities, and promote research-based knowledge transfer to the society.
• To conduct high-quality research on aging and elderly care
• To develop research-based knowledge to promote healthy aging and quality of life of people with disabilities
• To evaluate the impacts of social policies and services, and provide recommendations and insights to the policy makers and practitioners to meet the needs of aging and disabilities
• To work with the families and the caregivers to improve the care and well-being of older adults and people with disabilities
• To promote inter-disciplinary collaboration with other local and international organisations to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise.
Room 504, T. C. Cheng Building, United College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Telephone: 3943 7526
Fax: 2603 5018