Prof. Wong Hung
Academic and Professional Qualifications
BSSc (CUHK); MA, PhD (Warwick); RSW
Specialty and Research Interests
Poverty, social security, labour and employment issues in Hong Kong and China, community development, labour organizing, social exclusion and empowerment of vulnerable groups, service evaluation, special interest in homeless people, urban poverty, marginal workers and community economic development.
Five Representative Publications
- (2007). ‘An Unfinished Reflexive Journey: Social Work Students’ Reflection on their Placement Experiences’ in British Journal of Social Work (2007), 37: 91-105. (with Lam Ching-man and Leung Tse-fong, Terry)
- (2006). ‘Human capital, social capital and social exclusion: Impacts on the opportunity of households with youth to leave poverty’ in International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health, 18 (3): 521-534.
- (2005). Community Reactions to the SARS Crisis in Hong Kong: Analysis of a Time-limited Counselling Hotline (with Leung Tse Fong). Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 11(3), 1-22.
- (2005). The Quality of Life of Hong Kong’s Poor Households in the 1990s: Levels of Expenditure, Income Security and Poverty. Journal of Social Indicators Research, 71(1), 411-440.
- (2004). The Deprivation of Social Capital of Marginal Groups in Hong Kong (香港邊緣社群社會資本的貧乏). Hong Kong Journal of Social Work, 38(1), 53-71.
Tel: 3943 7510
Personal Website: http://web.swk.cuhk.edu.hk/~hwong/