The Master of Arts Programme in Family Counselling Family Education (MAFCFE) aims at helping students to acquire specialized training in family counselling and family education. It enables students to advance their professional competence and skills in relation to family practice and parental education. For details, please visit here
Qualification for Admission
- Academic Qualification
Applicants shall have:
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in any disciplines, normally with an honours not lower than Second Class or achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
Those who expect to obtain a Bachelor's degree in the current academic year may also apply for admission.
Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a self-financed undergraduate programme of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
- English Language Proficiency
Please refer to the Graduate School’s website for details:
- Section: “English Language Requirements for Admission”
Target Group of Applicant
- Bachelor’s degree holders (in any disciplines, including social work and non-social work) who wish to pursue an advanced study of family counselling and family education.
- Practicing professionals in both social work and non-social work fields, including family life education workers, school social workers, school teachers, school guidance counsellors, health care providers and nurses, who are interested in enriching their knowledge and skills in family counselling and family education.
Study Mode and Study Length
- Normative Study Period
- Full-time: not offered in 2023-24
- Part-time: 2 years
- Details on “Period of Study”
Please refer to Clause 5 and Annex of “General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies”.
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese, English and Putonghua
The tuition fee for part-time students admitted in 2023-24 is HK$160,000 for the whole programme (HK$40,000 per installment x 4 installments).
Remarks: Students taking courses beyond the normative study period shall pay extra tuition fees calculated according to the tuition fee of students admitted in the academic year when the courses are taken.
In view of the current shortage in hostel places, no on-campus accommodation can be provided for students taking self-financed taught postgraduate programmes.