- Year 2 to Year 4 students of the Bachelor of Social Science Programme in Social Work (BSSc) and Full-time Year 2 or Part-time Year 2 to Year 3 students of the Master of Social Science Programme in Social Work (MSSc);
- Students* possessing the following personal qualities: Demonstrating genuine care for people, passion in serving, positive learning attitudes, strong leadership, good team work and commitment to promote social wellbeing; and
- Students having obtained a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.00 (B) or above and a good grade at the Field Instruction course if they have already taken it.
* Priority will be given to students who are facing financial difficulties, such as students coming from families which are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance or with injured/sick breadwinner(s) or those who are receiving means-tested grants and/or loans from the government’s Student Finance and/or Loan Schemes.
* Students having received other scholarships will not be excluded from being considered for The Big Fish Award.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet with a panel, comprising the donor, the donor’s representative(s) and faculty members of the Department, to let the panel members understand more about their personal attributes. Activities may include an individual meeting and a group project.