Important note to applicants (2023/24 intake)
Due to keen competition, in case of high volume of applications, a selection process will be implemented. Applicants who are successfully allocated places will be notified of the application result by email. Applications without all the supporting documents duly submitted will be considered as incomplete applications and will NOT be reviewed.
- Please provide all supporting documents (see “Application documents” below for details)
- Please submit an online application
- Submit an online application by clicking here.
- Before clicking "Submit" at the online application system, please ensure all information is complete and accurate.
- You will receive an email of acknowledgement of your application after submission of application form
- Please send a true copy of transcript(s) to Room 401, Department of Social Work T.C. Cheng Building, United College, CUHK, Shatin, N.T. (Attn: Mr. Kevin Cheung)
Application to the programme will end on 21 July 2023 (Friday).
- CUHK qualification:
- Non-CUHK qualification:
- Official transcript issued by the institution(s) you attended are required. The transcript should be issued by the Registry/ Academic Secretary but not Department of a university. Photocopy or "certified true copy" of transcripts are not accepted.
- After submitting a scanned copy of the transcript in the process of making an online application, a true copy of the transcript shall be sent to the following address directly from your institution(s) or in sealed envelope by you: Room 401, Department of Social Work, T.C. Cheng Building, United College, CUHK, Shatin, N.T. (Attn: Mr. Kevin Cheung)
- CUHK qualification:
- Scanned copy of certificate of graduation
- Scanned copy of Hong Kong Identity Card or other identity documents
For applicant who is registered social worker:
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Registration issued by Social Workers - Registration Board
- Scanned copy of Registration Card issued by Social Workers Registration Board
For applicants with other qualifications
- Personal Statement / Agency Recommendation Letter
- Applicants can provide a personal statement or a recommendation letter by the employing organization
- All applicants should submit a personal statement of 300 words written in English or 400 words written in Chinese.
- In the personal statement, please state why you are interested in the programme and youth work, as well as the reasons you find yourself suitable for the programme.
- Agency Recommendation Letter (guideline here)
*Please note that all submitted documents, including the official transcript hardcopy, will not be returned to the applicants.
Application result will be announced via email. Successful applicants are required to complete an online statement of accepting/declining offer and student registration form and pay application fee HK$200 and tuition fee HK$37,300.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust will sponsor each qualified student a total of $ 37,500, including application fee $ 200 and tuition fee $ 37,300.
(Each qualified student has to pay for the total amount first. Student would be reimbursed for the application and tuition fees upon completing the programme and meeting the graduation requirements.)
Please click here to start your application.