Important note to applicants (2022/23 intake)
Due to competition, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications without all the supporting documents duly submitted will be considered as incomplete applications and will NOT be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed at the end of each application round. There will be greater competition at the second round review as fewer places will be available after the first round review. Offers could be made only when places are still available.
Before you proceed to the application stage below, please read carefully the latest announcement of CUHK enhanced infection control measures. All students are required to report whether they have been fully vaccinated in order to gain entry to the University campus and facilities. Those who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical reason have to undergo weekly tests and submit the negative result for ongoing access to the University. For more details, you may refer to the FAQs.
- Arrange all supporting documents (see “Application documents” below for details)
- Submit an online application
- Submit an online application by clicking here.
- Before clicking "Submit" at the online application system, please ensure all information is complete and accurate.
- Pay the application fee
- The application fee for each application is HK150.
- The application fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The application fee will be by credit card.
- Send a true copy of transcript(s) to Division of Continuing Professional Education, Department of Social Work, T.C. Cheng Building, United College, CUHK, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- Receive an email of acknowledgement of your application after all the documents are well received by the department.
Application to the programme starts in 20 January 2022 and ends in 31 December 2022.
- First round application
- Online application deadline: 20 April 2022
- Second round application
- Online application deadline: 31 December 2022
- CUHK qualification:
- Non-CUHK qualification:
- Official transcript issued by the institution(s) you attended are required. The transcript should be issued by the Registry/ Academic Secretary but not Department of a university. Photocopy or "certified true copy" of transcripts are not accepted.
- After submitting a scanned copy of the transcript in the process of making an online application, a true copy of the transcript shall be sent to the following address directly from your institution(s) or in sealed envelope by you: Division of Continuing Professional Education, Department of Social Work, United College, CUHK, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- For graduates, a full transcript with grades/ marks of all courses attended shall be included. For final year students, academic results shall be as of the final term in the last academic year. Marks/ grades of the current academic year are not required.
- Students who have participated in exchange programme of long duration which constitutes part of your studies should provide a photocopy of the transcript of the exchange studies issued by the host university.
- CUHK qualification:
- Personal statement
- All applicants should submit a personal statement of 300 words written in English or 400 words written in Chinese.
- In the personal statement, you shall state why you are interested in the programme and reasons you find yourself suitable for the programme.
- Scanned copy of certificate of graduation
- Graduates: Please submit a photocopy of your graduation certificate.
- Final-year students: You need not submit the graduation certificate.
- Scanned copy of Hong Kong Identity Card or other identity documents
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Registration issued by Social Workers Registration Board
- Scanned copy of Registration Card issued by Social Workers Registration Board
Application result will be announced to applicants within four weeks after the application deadline of each round.
A payment advice for tuition fee and other related information will be sent to successful applicants. To complete the application procedures, successful applicants are required to pay the tuition fee and submit the required documents according to the instructions provided, if any.
Please click here to start your application.
Please be sure you meet the entry requirement of the programme before making an application to the programme. To be eligible to enrol in the programme, you will need to be a Registered Social Worker in Hong Kong with a bachelor’s degree or higher academic qualification in social work.
Please check your payment for application fee is duly done together with the online application form. Application with undone payment will NOT be reviewed. No refund of application fee will be provided once the application is submitted.