Please upload Documents (1) to (8) onto the "Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes"
(click to expand for important details)
- For final year students, academic results shall be as of the final term in the last academic year. Marks/ grades of the current academic year are not required. For graduates, a full transcript with grades/ marks of all courses attended shall be included.
- CUHK qualification:
- Non-CUHK qualification:
- A copy of the latest official transcript of the Bachelor studies with official chops issued by the Registry/ Academic Secretary (教務處/ 檔案館/ 學生成績專用章) of your university should be uploaded to the “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes”.
- Students graduated from Master Degree / Associate Degree / Higher Diploma programmes shall also upload a copy of the official transcript of their studies in respective programme.
- Students who have participated in exchange programme of long duration which constitutes part of your studies should also upload a copy of the transcript of the exchange studies issued by the host university.
- An accepted Grading Scheme indicating the marks/ GPA for achieving an average grade of not lower than “B” should be submitted in the "Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes". (Please upload under the document type of "Transcripts".)
- Grading Scheme is a document that states the marks for each grade (e.g. Grade A is for marks ranged from 90 to 100, Grade A- is from 85 to 89) or grade point conversion (e.g. Grade A carries a converted point of 4.00 and Grade A- is 3.70). Grading Scheme is usually shown at the bottom/back of the transcript, stated at Student Handbooks or posted at your institutions’ websites where you check your academic results.
- If the Grading Scheme is not shown at the transcript that applicants will provide, applicants shall provide a copy of the document which shows the Grading Scheme:
- If the Grading Scheme is obtained from a website that is accessible without logging in any system, please state the URL of the website.
- If the Grading Scheme is obtained from a website that logging in a system is needed, please print screen the Grading Scheme and copy it to a Word file.
- If your University does not have a Grading Scheme, you shall seek assistance from your Registry (教務處/ 檔案館) (i.e. not your Department) to issue a letter confirming that no Grading Scheme is adopted by your University.
- All applicants should submit a 400 to 500-word Personal Statement written in English in the "Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes". (Please upload under the document type of "Others".)
- In the Personal Statement, you shall state why you are interested in the programme and reasons you find yourself suitable for the programme.
- Graduates: Please upload your graduation certificate in the "Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes".
- Graduates of Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes: The graduation certificate of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes shall also be uploaded.
- Final-year students: You need not submit the graduation certificate as it is not yet available.
(5) Hong Kong Identity Card and Other Identity Documents
(6) Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網) (applicable for applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China)
(Please upload under the document type of "Other Certificates".)
- Applicants could use any of the following methods to submit the Confidential Recommendation:
- submit two referees’ contact information via “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes”. The System will then send emails to your nominated referees inviting them to complete the Confidential Recommendation Form online;
- print out or email “Confidential Recommendation” (downloadable from “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes” for referees’ completion and seek referees’ assistance to seal the recommendation and pass it to you. You can then send the sealed recommendation to the Graduate Division of Social Work by post mail;
- print out or email “Confidential Recommendation” (downloadable from “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes” and seek referees’ assistance to directly send the complete recommendation to the Graduate Division of Social Work by post mail.
- Our postal address is: Room 504, 5/F, T. C. Cheng Building, United College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong (Attention: Ms. Wong) Please make sure you and your referees bear sufficient postage for your mails. Underpaid mail items shall be returned to the Post Office.
- The Confidential Recommendation could be written in English, traditional Chinese or simplified Chinese.
- Applicants are advised to remind the referees to complete the Confidential Recommendation for submission. The admission documents will be reviewed when the Confidential Recommendations have been submitted.
- Applicants who have obtained/ will obtain a degree from a university in Hong Kong or taken/ will complete a degree programme of which the medium of instruction is English:
- Submitting a copy of your graduation certificate/transcript is already regarded as having fulfilled the English Language Proficiency requirements.
- You need NOT submit other proofs such as GMAT/ IELTS/ TOEFL reports, or grade of English subjects at Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination, Hong Kong Higher Level Examination, CUHK Matriculation Examination or Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination.
- Applicants who fulfill the English Language Proficiency requirements by GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL scores:
- Submitting a score report of any one of GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL tests is already regarded as having fulfilled the English Language Proficiency requirements.
- Only original valid official score report of GMAT/ IELTS/ TOEFL sent directly from the test organisation to the Graduate Division of Social Work will be accepted. Original examinee’s score report will NOT be accepted.
- While the original valid official score report is on its way to our Graduate Division/ our University,please also upload a copy of the test report in the “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes” for our reference and consideration of your application. (Please upload under the document type of "English Test Report".)
- Once your test score meets the requirement, you are strongly encouraged to immediately update us your test result. It is because fulfilling the English Language Proficiency Requirement is one of the criteria for applicants to receive offers, and whether you have fulfilled the requirement would affect our consideration of your application.
- For applicants who will provide IELTS score report: Please fill in the following contact information on Question 22 of the IELTS Application Form:
- Name of person/ department: Division of Social Work
- Name of institution/ agency/ body/ employer: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- File/case number: your application number for the programme you are applying for
- Address: Room 504, 5/F, T.C. Cheng Building, United College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong (Attention: Ms. Wong)
Please make sure you and your referees bear sufficient postage for your mails. Underpaid mail items shall be returned to the Post Office.
- For applicants who will provide TOEFL score report: Please note that the University’s institution code is 0812.
- Applicants who would like to fulfill the English Language Proficiency requirements by grade attainment at Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination, Hong Kong Higher Level Examination, CUHK Matriculation Examination, Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level/ Advanced Subsidiary Level:
- A copy of the score report must be certified by the official organisation, e.g. Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority.
- The University may require applicants to provide the original documents for verification.
Important Points to Note :
- There is no need to submit the application documents to the Graduate Division in hard copies during the application stage. However, admitted students are required to send the original copies of the official transcripts and the documents verifying the fulfilment of the English Language Admissions Requirement to the Graduate Division by post/ in person according to the ‘Admission Notification’ for verification by the conditions fulfillment deadline. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to register and commence studies at the University.
- In some special cases, the University may require applicants to submit additional information or documentary proof during the application stage if deemed necessary.
- All documents submitted to the University, whether for application or verification purpose, will not be returned. If the application is unsuccessful, all documents will be destroyed.
- Applicants are required to provide true, accurate and complete information in support of their applications. Any misrepresentation in the documents and information provided will result in disqualification of their applications and subsequent enrolments in the University.