Dr. Law Yee-man, Moon
LecturerBSW (HKBU), MSW (CUHK), DSW (PolyU), RSW
Specialty and Research Interest
- Youth work and adolescent risk behaviors
- Positive youth development
- School social work and school counseling
- Program evaluation and project management
Selected peer reviewed papers, edited books and book chapters
- Jiang, H., Shek, D. T. L., Law, M. Y. M. (2021). Differences between Chinese adolescent immigrants and adolescent non-Immigrants in Hong Kong: Perceived psychosocial attributes, school environment and characteristics of Hong Kong adolescents. International Journal of Environment Research and Public Health, 18(7), 3739. doi:10.3390/ijerph18073739
- Tenenbaum, A., Shek, D. T. L., Law, M. Y. M., & Merrick, J. (Eds). (2020). Advances in Chinese Children, Adolescent, and Family Research. NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Shek, D. T. L., Law, M. Y. M., & Merrick, J. (Eds). (2020). Parenting and Family Life in a Chinese Society. NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Shek, D. T. L., Law, M. Y. M., & Merrick, J. (Eds). (2019). Parenting and Family Life in Hong Kong: Traditional perspective, contemporary research, and intervention. International Journal of Child and Adolescent Health, 12(4), 339-341.
- Shek, D. T. L., Wu, J., & Law, M. Y. M. (2018). Subjective outcome evaluation of the Tin Ka Ping P. A. T. H. S. Project: Views of senior secondary school students. International Journal of Child and Adolescent Health, 11, 109-117.
- Shek, D. T. L., & Law, M. Y. M. (2016). Dimensionality of the Chinese Parent-Child Subsystem Quality Scale: Confirmatory factor analyses. International Journal on Disability and Human Development, 9, 207-215.
- Shek, D. T. L., & Law, M. Y. M. (2016). Behavioral control, psychological control and parent-child relationship. In Merrick, J. (Ed.), Adolescence and health: Some international perspectives (pp. 171-183). Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Shek, D. T. L., & Law, M. Y. M. (2015). Assessment of parent-child subsystem qualities in Chinese adolescents: Behavioral control, psychological control and parent-child relational qualities. International Journal on Disability and Human Development, 8, 207-217.
- Shek, D. T. L., & Law, M. Y. M. (2014). Evaluation of the Project P.A.T.H.S. Based on the client satisfaction approach: View of students. Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology 27, S2-S9. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2014.02.006
- Shek, D. T. L., & Law, M. Y. M. (2014). Parental behavioral control, parental psychological control and parent-child relational qualities: relationships to Chinese adolescent risk behavior. In D. T. L. Shek, R. C. F. Sun, & Ma, C. M. S. (Eds.), Chinese Adolescents in Hong Kong: Family Life, Psychological Well-being and Risk Behavior. Quality of Life in Asia, 5 (pp. 51-69). Springer.
Selected conference presentations
- Law, M. Y. M. (2020). Strategies to improve school social work service: A qualitative study. At the International Conference on Discovery and Innovation in Social Work and Fieldwork Education. June 19, 2020, Hong Kong, China.
- Law, M. Y. M., & Shek, D. T. L. (2018). Evaluation of the Tin Ka Ping P.A.T.H.S. Project in China: Views of the program implementers. At the 16th Annual Meeting, International Society for Quality-Of-Life Studies. Promotion of Quality of Life in the Changing World. June 14-16, 2018, Hong Kong, China.
- Law, M. Y. M., & Shek, D. T. L. (2016). Family processes and Internet addiction in Chinese adolescents in Hong Kong. At the International Conference on Building a Better Future for Young People: The Role of Positive Youth Development, Family and Community. May 12-13, 2016, Hong Kong, China.
- Law, M. Y. M. Law, & Shek, D. T. L. (2014). Family Factors and Internet Addiction among Junior Secondary School Students in Hong Kong. At International Conference on Positive Youth Development and the Tin Ka Ping P.A.T.H.S. Project. June 11-12, 2014, Shanghai, China.
- Law, M. Y. M. Law, & Shek, D. T. L. (2014). Paternal and maternal influences on sexual behavior and intention to engage in sexual behavior in junior high school students in Hong Kong, China. At Northern American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, 28th Annual Clinical and Research Meeting. April 24-26, 2014, Philadelphia, U.S.
- 2021-2024 “Promoting Family Resilience Project” granted by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Co-Principal Investigator
- 2021-2023 “Development, Implementation and Evaluation of the rural version of Project P.A.T.H.S. in mainland China”, granted by Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Co-Principal Investigator
- 2020 “The Influences of Social Mobility Beliefs on Social-Political Attitudes among Hong Kong College Students” granted by Public Policy Research Funding Scheme, Co-Investigator
- 2019-2024 “Project P.A.T.H.S.: Supporting P.A.T.H.S. Website Extension for 5 years” granted by Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Committee Member
- 2017-2018 “Project P.A.T.H.S.: Curriculum revamping” granted by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Co-Investigator
- 2017-2018 “Moral Education and Moral Behavior in High School Students in Hong Kong” Project granted by Wofoo Foundation, Co-Investigator
- 2015-2020 “Tin Ka Ping P.A.T.H.S. Project II” granted by Tin Ka Ping Foundation, Co-Investigator
- 2015-2018 “Service Leadership” Project granted by the Victor and William Fung Foundation, Co-Investigator
- 2015-2017 “A multi-addiction intervention program for adolescents of addicted parents and parents with addiction”, granted by Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, Co-Investigator
- 2013-2014 “Tin Ka Ping P.A.T.H.S. Project I” granted by Tin Ka Ping Foundation, Co-Investigator
- 2013-2017 “GUR Longitudinal Study” granted by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Co-Investigator