The following programme starts to accept applications for the 2022-23 Intake on 1 September 2021. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications and application materials as soon as possible since (i) The Admission Panels will start reviewing applications once required application materials are received. Applications will not be reviewed only until the end of every Round; (ii) Competitions at later rounds are more competitive as places are fewer and fewer.
MPhil-PhD Programme in Social Welfare
- Application for PhD Stream through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKFPS)
Online Application Deadline
- Initial application to RGC: by 12 noon, 1 December 2021 (Hong Kong time)
- Full application to CUHK: by 5pm, 1 December 2021 (Hong Kong time)
- Application for MPhil/PhD Stream with the University Directly (i.e. non-HKPFS Application)
- Main Round Application Deadline: 1 December 2021
- Clearing Round Application Deadline: 31 March 2022
Document Arrival Deadline*: same as above
*"Document" refers to all required supporting documents such as Official Transcript and Confidential Recommendation. "Arrival Deadline" refers to the date when the Graduate Division of Social Work receives the documents (i.e. not the postage stamp date).