The Master of Arts Programme in Social Policy (MASP) aims at providing high quality postgraduate education to those who either are or plan to be social workers, policy analysts or practitioners. The programme is designed for students who have a good bachelor degree in any discipline to develop a career in social policy, social services, and public services. For details, please visit here
Qualification for Admission
- Academic Qualification
Applicants shall have:
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in any disciplines, normally with an honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree in any disciplines, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
Those who expect to obtain a Bachelor's degree in the current academic year may also apply for admission.
Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a self-financed undergraduate programme of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
- English Language Proficiency
Please refer to the Graduate School’s website for details:
- Section: “English Language Requirements for Admission”
Target Group of Applicant
- Bachelor’s degree holders (in any disciplines) who wish to pursue an advanced study in social policy.
- Academic professionals or practitioners in social work who wish to consolidate their academic and professional knowledge in social policy.
- People who are currently working in other disciplines and wish to equip themselves for challenges they face in their own career.
Study Mode and Study Length
- Normative Study Period
- Full-time: 1 year
- Part-time: not offered in 2022-23
- Details on “Period of Study”
Please refer to Clause 5 and Annex of “General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies”.
Medium of Instruction
English, Putonghua and Cantonese
The tuition fee for full-time students admitted in 2022-23 is HK$174,500 for the whole programme (HK$87,250 per installment x 2 installments).
Remarks: Students taking courses beyond the normative study period shall pay extra tuition fees calculated according to the tuition fee of students admitted in the academic year when the courses are taken.
In view of the current shortage in hostel places, no on-campus accommodation can be provided for students taking self-financed taught postgraduate programmes.
ovided for students taking self-financed taught postgraduate programmes.