The Master of Arts Programme in Social Service Management (MASSM) aims at providing a broad-based foundation in social service management, and helping students to have an in-depth understanding of current management theories and practices, and developing the skills and abilities to apply management theories and practices in a rapidly changing organizational reality and social service environment. For details, please visit here.
Qualification for Admission
- Academic Qualification
Applicants shall have:
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in any disciplines, normally with an honours not lower than Second Class or achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
Those who expect to obtain a Bachelor's degree in the current academic year may also apply for admission.
Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a self-financed undergraduate programme of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
- English Language Proficiency
Please refer to the Graduate School’s website for details:
- Section: “English Language Requirements for Admission”
Target Group of Applicant
- Bachelor’s degree holders (in any disciplines, including social work and non-social work) who wish to pursue an advanced study in social service management.
- Practicing professionals in both social work and non-social work fields, including public and private sectors, who wish to enrich their knowledge and skills in social service management through postgraduate study.
Study Mode and Study Length
- Normative Study Period
- Full-time: 1 year
- Part-time: not offered in 2023-24
- Details on “Period of Study”
Please refer to Clause 5 and Annex of “General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies”.
Medium of Instruction
English, Cantonese and Putonghua
The tuition fees for students admitted in 2023-24 are as follows:
Full-time: HK$174,500 for the whole programme (HK$87,250 per installment x 2 installments)
Remarks: Students taking courses beyond the normative study period shall pay extra tuition fees calculated according to the tuition fee of students admitted in the academic year when the courses are taken.
In view of the current shortage in hostel places, no on-campus accommodation can be provided for students taking self-financed taught postgraduate programmes.